Princes Pier is a 580 metre long historic pier on Port Phillip, in Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It was known as the New Railway Pier until renamed Prince's Pier after the Prince of Wales who visited Melbourne in May 1920.
Over many decades, this pier has played a critical role in commerce, wartime embarkation and migration. With the advent of modern commercial air travel, arrivals to Princes Pier gradually declined from the 1970s. Closed in 1989, Princes Pier had been disused until its recent refurbishment. The redeveloped Princes Pier was launched as a public space in December 2011.
heritage listedPort Phillip BaysunsethorizonPort MelbournePrincess Pierrainreflection
From Port Melbourne Golden Hour ~ May